2024 Subaru Impreza has refreshed the exterior styling, modernized the interior, and enhanced safety features, making the 2024 Impreza a well-rounded choice in the competitive compact segment. The hatchback configuration adds versatility and a sporty touch, appealing to a range of drivers. With Subaru’s reputation for durability and impressive resale value, the 2024 Impreza stands out as a sensible and dependable option in the compact car market. Overall, it offers a well-balanced package with a focus on reliability, safety, and all-wheel-drive capability.
What’s New for 2024?
2024 Subaru Impreza receives a well-deserved makeover, introducing a new generation with fresh looks, enhanced technology, and the comeback of the sporty RS trim. The RS model features a more powerful 182-hp 2.5-liter flat-four engine, contributing to its rally-inspired heritage. While the continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) is now standard and the manual option discontinued, the Impreza maintains its renowned all-wheel-drive capability. The hatchback-only configuration adds versatility and a sporty touch. Interior updates mirror the design language of Subaru’s latest models, with a notable 11.6-inch touch display available. Overall, the 2024 Impreza blends practicality, performance, and modern features, continuing Subaru’s commitment to reliable and capable compact cars.
Pricing and Which One to Buy
2024 Subaru Impreza RS, with its sporty appeal and larger 2.5-liter engine, piques our curiosity, blending nostalgia with Subaru’s legacy. The chassis tuning invites spirited drives on canyon roads, offering an enjoyable experience. However, while the 2.5-liter engine is an improvement, it doesn’t deliver pulse-quickening performance. For value-conscious buyers, the base model aligns with the Impreza’s primary mission: providing a frugal, all-wheel-drive transportation option. Its affordability and practicality make it a sensible choice, emphasizing Subaru’s commitment to delivering reliable and accessible vehicles.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
2024 Subaru Impreza the base and Sport trims maintain the familiar 2.0-liter flat-four engine. While the new RS model flaunts a larger 2.5-liter boxer engine. Boosting power to 182 horsepower and 178 pound-feet of torque. The RS’s vigor hints at rally-inspired performance, yet a turbocharger absence leaves enthusiasts yearning for more. Clocking 0-60 mph in 7.8 seconds, the Impreza demonstrates improved acceleration. Accentuated by a 10% stiffer chassis and dual-pinion electronic power steering from the WRX. Subaru’s commitment to a sportier ride enhances the driving experience. Contributing a touch of excitement to this practical and capable hatchback.
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
2024 Subaru Impreza comes with a larger gas tank, compensating for a slight decrease in fuel efficiency compared to its predecessor. The EPA estimates 27 mpg city and 34 mpg highway for the base and Sport trims, down from 28 mpg and 36 mpg in the 2023 model. The RS trim, with a more powerful 2.5-liter engine, is rated at 26 mpg city and 33 mpg highway. Despite the lower fuel economy, the increased tank capacity provides impressive range, with base Impreza and Sport trims capable of covering nearly 500 miles on a full tank. In real-world testing, the Impreza RS exceeded its EPA rating by 4 mpg on our 75-mph highway fuel-economy route, showcasing its efficiency.
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
- Dual-Zone Climate Controls: Standard across all trims for enhanced comfort.
- Foldable Rear Seats: Standard 60/40 folding rear seats for versatile cargo space.
- Ergonomic Front Seats: Focus on ergonomic front-seat design for improved comfort.
- Cabin Noise Reduction: Efforts made to make the cabin quieter for a more refined driving experience.
- Design Continuity: Interior design is a natural progression from the previous generation, maintaining a familiar yet upgraded look.
- Physical Buttons for Infotainment: Appreciation for the inclusion of hard buttons for infotainment controls instead of touchscreen-only.
- Convenient Roof Access: Plastic step near rear seats aids in accessing the roof and securing cargo for vehicles with roof rails.
- Spacious Cargo Capacity: With the rear seats folded, the hatchback boasts a cavernous cargo capacity of 56 cubic feet.
Infotainment and Connectivity
- Starlink Multimedia System: Standard on Sport and RS models, providing advanced connectivity and control.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Seamless integration with smartphones for enhanced convenience.
- 11.6-inch Touchscreen Display: User-friendly interface for managing sound system, HVAC, and vehicle functions.
- Safety and Security Connect Services: Features like SOS Emergency Assistance and Stolen Vehicle Recovery for added security.
- Remote Vehicle Locator: Convenient service enhancing the Impreza’s safety and accessibility.
- Multimedia Connectivity: Auxiliary input jack, USB-C port, and USB-A port cater to various smartphone preferences.
- Harmon Kardon Sound System: Available on the RS model, offering an immersive audio experience with 10 speakers.
Pros of the 2024 Subaru Impreza:
- All-Wheel Drive Standard: Ensures optimal traction and control in various driving conditions.
- Revamped RS Trim: Sportier exterior trim, powerful 2.5L engine, and enhanced driving dynamics.
- Innovative Infotainment: Starlink system, wireless smartphone integration, and a large touchscreen.
- Spacious and Practical: Roomy interior, 60/40 folding rear seats, and a large cargo capacity.
- Improved Cabin Quietness: Efforts in reducing noise make for a more comfortable driving experience.
- Efficiency Decrease: Lower fuel economy compared to the previous model, impacting cost-effectiveness.
- Limited Engine Choices: Base and Sport trims retain the 2.0L engine; more power available only in the RS.
- Not Luxury-Oriented: Pragmatic interior may lack the upscale feel found in some competitors.
2024 Subaru Impreza Configuration
Choose Trim Level:
Select from available trims: Base, Sport, or RS.
Base and Sport trims offer a 152-hp 2.0L flat-four.
Opt for the RS trim for a more powerful 182-hp 2.5L flat-four.
All 2024 Imprezas feature a CVT; manual transmission is no longer offered.
Subaru’s signature Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive is standard across all trims.
Consider fuel efficiency based on the EPA estimates for your chosen trim.
Standard dual-zone climate controls, 60/40 folding rear seats, and ergonomic front-seat design.
Choose between a 7.0-inch screen (Base) or 11.6-inch touchscreen (Sport, RS).
Opt for available features like wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Safety and Security:
Starlink multimedia system includes safety features and connectivity options.
Explore available Safety and Security Connect Services.
Assess the practicality of the cargo space, which expands with the folding rear seats.
Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
Covers the vehicle for three years or up to 36,000 miles.
Provides coverage for five years or up to 60,000 miles.
No complimentary scheduled maintenance is included.
The Impreza’s warranty is standard for the compact car class.
Hyundai Elantra and Kia Forte offer longer powertrain coverage (up to 10 years/100,000 miles).
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
Standard Safety Tech:
Includes forward collision warning, automated emergency braking, lane departure warning, and lane-keeping assist.
Available adaptive cruise control and blind-spot monitoring enhance safety.
Crash Test Ratings:
The Impreza typically earns high safety scores in crash tests conducted by NHTSA and IIHS.
The EyeSight suite offers advanced driver-assistance features, contributing to overall safety.
Standard all-wheel drive provides improved traction and stability in various driving conditions.
2024 Subaru Impreza, now exclusively a hatchback, introduces the sporty RS trim with a more powerful 2.5L engine. While not a performance powerhouse, the RS offers a spirited drive. The base and Sport trims retain the 2.0L flat-four, and all models get standard AWD. The interior is functional but lacks luxurious touches. With improved seat comfort and added sound-deadening materials, the cabin is quieter. The Impreza focuses on practicality and offers Subaru’s EyeSight safety suite. The multimedia system features wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The Impreza’s warranty is average for its class, lacking complimentary scheduled maintenance.