2024 Lotus Emira marks a significant chapter for the iconic British sports car manufacturer as it represents the last hurrah for internal combustion engines in Lotus cars. This farewell to traditional gasoline power comes as Lotus sets its sights on an all-electric future, exemplified by models like the Evija hypercar. Serving as the successor to the Evora GT, the Emira promises practicality enhancements, a more refined interior, and a notable introduction of active safety features—a departure from Lotus’s traditional focus on pure driving experiences. This transition reflects the industry-wide shift towards electric mobility while paying homage to Lotus’s storied heritage.
What’s New for 2024?
2024 Lotus Emira will be available in two thrilling configurations. The Emira i4 boasts a standard turbo four, generating an exhilarating 360 horsepower. For enthusiasts seeking even more power, Lotus offers a version with a supercharged V-6, delivering an impressive 400 horsepower and the option for a manual gearbox—a nod to driving purists. The Emira’s striking exterior draws inspiration from the carbon-fiber-intensive Evija, while its bonded aluminum architecture, inherited from the Evora GT, ensures a seamless transition, bridging Lotus’s rich gasoline-powered legacy with the promise of an electrifying future.
Pricing and Which One to Buy
2024 Lotus Emira Initially, the First Edition model, featuring the potent supercharged V-6, will be the sole offering. Later, the lineup will expand to include the Emira i4, powered by a 360-horsepower turbo four. Enthusiasts opting for the V-6 gain the exclusive opportunity to select the six-speed manual transmission. Choosing the First Edition model not only ensures a fully loaded experience but also unlocks the Sport chassis configuration, enhancing the driving dynamics of this spectacular sports car.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
2024 Lotus Emira offers two powertrain options. The Emira i4 comes with a standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine, delivering 360 horsepower. Alternatively, there is a supercharged V-6 version with 400 horsepower, providing additional performance. Enthusiasts will appreciate the availability of a manual gearbox for the V-6 model, adding a touch of classic driving experience. The car features a bonded aluminum architecture inherited from the Evora GT, ensuring a lightweight and agile performance. With design inspiration from the carbon-fiber-intensive Evija, the Emira beautifully combines Lotus’s gasoline heritage with modern engineering for an exhilarating driving experience.
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
- Introduction to Lotus Emira: The 2024 Lotus Emira is a significant model for the British sports car manufacturer as it marks the transition to an all-electric future.
- Last Gasoline Model: The Emira is the final Lotus model to feature an internal combustion engine before the brand fully embraces electric vehicles.
- Evolution from Evora GT: Serving as the successor to the Evora GT, the Emira promises improvements in practicality, interior quality, and safety features.
- Powertrain Options: The Emira is available with two powertrain options. The Emira i4 boasts a standard turbo four generating 360 horsepower, while a supercharged V-6 version delivers 400 horsepower.
- Transmission Choices: Enthusiasts can opt for a manual gearbox with the supercharged V-6, offering a more engaging and traditional driving experience.
- Exotic Exterior Design: Drawing inspiration from the carbon-fiber-intensive Evija hypercar, the Emira showcases an exotic exterior design, emphasizing aerodynamics and style.
- Bonded Aluminum Architecture: Inheriting the bonded aluminum architecture from the Evora GT, the Emira maintains a lightweight and performance-oriented construction.
- First Edition Model: Initially offered as a fully loaded First Edition model with the supercharged V-6, providing enthusiasts with a premium and exclusive variant.
- Future Emira i4 Model: The lineup will later include the Emira i4, equipped with a 360-hp turbo four, providing a more accessible option for potential buyers.
- Sport Chassis Configuration: Choosing the First Edition model unlocks the Sport chassis configuration, enhancing the Emira’s handling and dynamic capabilities.
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
- Driver-Centric Interior: The Emira features a driver-centric interior layout. Emphasizing a focused and immersive experience for the person behind the wheel.
- High-Quality Materials: Lotus has incorporated high-quality materials throughout the cabin, including premium upholstery, trims, and finishes, ensuring a sense of refinement.
- Spacious and Comfortable Seating: Despite being a sports car, the Emira offers comfortable seating for both the driver and passenger. Making it suitable for extended drives.
- Advanced Infotainment System: An advanced infotainment system is integrated into the cabin, providing access to entertainment, navigation. And connectivity features to enhance the driving journey.
- Luxurious Touches: Luxurious touches, such as ambient lighting, customizable settings, and attention to detail. Contribute to an upscale and sophisticated interior ambiance.
- Climate Control: The Emira is equipped with an efficient climate control system. Allowing occupants to customize the temperature and ensure a pleasant environment.
- Cargo Space Considerations: While sports cars typically prioritize performance over cargo space. The Emira is designed to offer a practical amount of storage for essentials, making it suitable for various driving scenarios.
- Attention to Ergonomics: Ergonomics play a crucial role in the interior design, ensuring that controls and features are easily accessible, contributing to a seamless and intuitive driving experience.
- Customization Options: Lotus provides customization options for the interior, allowing buyers to tailor certain aspects to their preferences, adding a personal touch to the driving environment.
- Focus on Driving Comfort: Although performance-oriented, the Emira doesn’t compromise on driving comfort, with features designed to reduce fatigue during longer journeys.
Pros of the 2024 Lotus Emira:
- Striking Exterior Design: The Emira boasts a visually striking exterior design, inheriting elements from Lotus’s renowned Evija, showcasing the brand’s commitment to aesthetics.
- Powerful Engine Options: With a choice between a turbocharged four-cylinder and a supercharged V-6, the Emira offers a range of powerful engine options catering to different driving preferences.
- Manual Transmission Availability: Enthusiasts will appreciate the availability of a six-speed manual transmission, providing a more engaging and hands-on driving experience.
- Premium Interior Materials: The interior is crafted with high-quality materials, emphasizing a sense of luxury and refinement within the sports car segment.
- Driver-Centric Focus: The driver-centric interior layout contributes to an immersive driving experience, putting the focus on the person behind the wheel.
- Balanced Driving Dynamics: Lotus’s commitment to performance is evident in the Emira’s balanced driving dynamics, offering a blend of agility, responsiveness, and control.
- Customization Options: Buyers can personalize certain aspects of the Emira, allowing for a degree of customization to align with individual preferences.
- Transition to Electric Future: As Lotus’s last internal combustion engine model, the Emira represents a transition toward the brand’s future electric offerings.
Cons of the 2024 Lotus Emira:
- Limited Practicality: As a sports car, the Emira prioritizes performance over practicality, with limited cargo space and considerations for everyday usability.
- Limited Availability of Manual Transmission: The manual transmission option is limited to the supercharged V-6 version, potentially restricting choices for those who prefer a manual gearbox.
- Potentially Higher Price Point: While specific pricing details may vary, sports cars like the Emira tend to come with a higher price point, limiting accessibility for budget-conscious buyers.
- Limited Interior Space: Sports cars often compromise on interior space, and the Emira may not be the ideal choice for those seeking ample room and comfort.
- Transition Challenges: The Emira marks Lotus’s transition from traditional internal combustion engines to an all-electric future, which could present challenges for enthusiasts attached to gasoline-powered models.
- Competitive Segment: The sports car segment is highly competitive, and the Emira faces competition from other established brands with their own compelling offerings.
2024 Lotus Emira Configuration
- Emira i4:
- Type: Turbocharged Four-Cylinder
- Horsepower: 360 hp
- Transmission: Automatic
- Emira V-6:
- Type: Supercharged V-6
- Horsepower: 400 hp
- Transmission Options:
- Six-Speed Manual (Available for a more engaging driving experience)
2. Chassis Configuration:
- Sport Chassis (First Edition Model):
- Provides enhanced performance and agility for enthusiasts seeking a spirited driving experience.
3. Trim Levels:
- First Edition:
- Engine: Supercharged V-6
- Chassis: Sport Chassis
- Features: Fully loaded with premium features
- Emira i4 (Standard Configuration):
- Engine: Turbocharged Four-Cylinder
- Chassis: Standard
- The Emira features a visually striking exterior design inspired by the carbon-fiber-intensive Evija.
- Crafted with premium materials, the Emira’s interior offers a luxurious and driver-centric environment.
6. Transmission Options:
- Buyers can choose between an automatic transmission for convenience or a six-speed manual for a more hands-on driving experience (available with the V-6).
- While specific details may vary, Lotus typically provides certain customization options, allowing buyers to personalize their Emira.
8. Transition to Electric:
- The Emira represents Lotus’s last internal combustion engine model before the brand transitions to an all-electric future.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
1. Safety Cage and Construction:
- The Emira is likely to feature a strong and lightweight chassis designed for structural integrity and occupant protection.
- Standard airbag systems, including frontal, side-impact, and possibly knee airbags, contribute to occupant safety in the event of a collision.
3. Traction and Stability Control:
- Advanced traction and stability control systems enhance handling and stability during acceleration, braking, and cornering.
4. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS):
- ABS prevents wheel lockup during hard braking, maintaining steering control and stability.
5. Driver-Assistance Technologies:
- Limited advanced driver-assistance features may include:
- Parking Assistance: Possibly equipped with sensors or cameras for parking assistance.
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts the driver if unintentional lane departure is detected.
6. Adaptive Cruise Control:
- While not guaranteed, some sports cars offer adaptive cruise control for enhanced highway driving convenience.
7. Brake Assist:
- Brake assist technology may be included to provide additional braking force in emergency situations.
2024 Lotus Emira marks the end of Lotus’ combustion era. With a turbo-four or supercharged V6, it bridges tradition and future. Starting at $75k, the First Edition packs a V6, exclusive features, and Sport chassis. The Emira showcases Lotus’ legacy, fusing performance and elegance in a stunning farewell to petrol power.