2024 Lamborghini Revuelto as a combination of styles stretching back decades. It blends the big-nosed Murcielago with the hips of a Diablo. The scissor doors and wedge shape come from the Countach. There are plenty of nods to the past, but unlike any bull before it, the Revuelto is a plug-in hybrid. Its mid-mounted V-12 gets help from three electric motors—two on the front axle and another one mounted to an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission in the rear—for a total output of 1001 horsepower. While this may cause some purists to wail, Lamborghini promises that additional electrification only enhances the supercar experience.
What’s New for 2024?
The 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto sounds like a fascinating blend of Lamborghini’s iconic design elements from various eras, combined with modern technology to create a high-performance plug-in hybrid supercar. Let’s break down its key features:
- Design: The Revuelto seems to pay homage to Lamborghini’s rich history by combining design elements from classic models such as the Murcielago, Diablo, and Countach. The reference to the “big-nosed” Murcielago and the “hips” of the Diablo suggests a fusion of classic Lamborghini styling.
- Scissor Doors and Wedge Shape: The scissor doors and wedge-shaped design are quintessential Lamborghini features, famously associated with models like the Countach. These design elements contribute to the car’s iconic and aggressive appearance.
- Plug-in Hybrid Technology: The most significant departure from Lamborghini’s tradition is the incorporation of plug-in hybrid technology. The mid-mounted V-12 engine is augmented by three electric motors, with two on the front axle and one attached to an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission in the rear. This hybrid system results in an impressive total output of 1001 horsepower.
- Performance: With 1001 horsepower at its disposal, the Revuelto is likely to offer exhilarating acceleration and handling. The hybrid system can potentially enhance the driving experience by providing instantaneous electric torque and improved fuel efficiency when desired.
- Electrification Benefits: Lamborghini claims that the electrification of the Revuelto enhances the supercar experience. While some purists may initially lament the move toward hybridization, this technology can offer benefits like improved performance, reduced emissions, and the ability to drive in electric-only mode for short distances.
In summary, the 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto seems to be a bold fusion of Lamborghini’s storied design history with modern hybrid technology. It represents an exciting evolution for the brand, aiming to balance the demands of performance and environmental responsibility.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The bullish Revuelto boasts 1001 horsepower from a mid-mounted 6.5-liter V-12 and three electric motors. We estimate a 0-60 mph time of 2.3 seconds and a top speed of 218 mph. Acceleration is intense, thanks to the electric motors and the V-12’s power. The handling is sharper than the outgoing Aventador, with rear-wheel steering and torque vectoring for added agility and stability in corners. More driving impressions and test results will be added after further testing.
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
- The mid-mounted engine is an 814-horsepower 6.5-liter naturally aspirated V-12, which revs up to a staggering 9500-rpm redline. This configuration is in line with Lamborghini’s tradition of high-revving, powerful engines.
The 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto features a plug-in hybrid system that is focused on performance enhancement rather than extended electric-only driving range. Here are some key details about its range, charging, and battery:Electric Range:
- The Revuelto is equipped with a relatively small 3.8-kWh battery pack, positioned between the two bucket seats.
- This battery pack provides a limited electric-only range of about 5 miles. It’s not designed for extended electric-only driving but rather to augment the performance of the car.
- While specific charging times and methods are not mentioned, with such a small battery capacity, the electric portion of the battery is likely to charge relatively quickly compared to larger electric vehicles.
- It’s important to note that the Revuelto’s primary focus is on using the electric power for performance rather than as a long-range electric-only mode.
- The small battery pack primarily serves to assist the hybrid powertrain in delivering a performance boost. The electric motors are used to complement the V-12 engine, adding instant torque and acceleration when needed.
- Unlike traditional plug-in hybrids or electric vehicles designed for maximizing electric range, the Revuelto’s hybrid system is geared towards enhancing the overall power and performance of the car.
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
There are only two seats in the Revuelto because, well, the Italians put 12 cylinders where the backseats would normally go. The Revuelto is no ordinary car. Its cockpit is more space race than automobile. There are four rotors on the steering wheel that control drive modes, and additional buttons activate the turn signals as well as initiate the launch control. Lamborghini says the Revuelto has more headroom and legroom than the Aventador, which shouldn’t be difficult. There’s space behind the seats to fit a single golf bag as well frunk space that can easily accommodate two carry-on luggage bags.
Seating and Interior Layout:
- The Revuelto is a two-seater, with no rear seats, as the mid-mounted 12-cylinder engine occupies the space where rear seats would typically be found. This configuration is common in high-performance sports cars.
- The cockpit is described as having a futuristic, space race-inspired design, which is characteristic of Lamborghini’s avant-garde approach to interior styling.
Controls and Technology:
- The steering wheel appears to be a focal point of the interior, featuring four rotors for controlling various drive modes. These controls likely allow the driver to customize the car’s performance settings to their preferences.
- The steering wheel also includes buttons for functions like turn signals and launching control, emphasizing the car’s performance-oriented nature.
Space and Comfort:
- Lamborghini claims that the Revuelto offers more headroom and legroom than the Aventador, which suggests an improved level of comfort for the occupants.
- The additional space behind the seats can accommodate a single golf bag, providing a touch of practicality for a supercar.
- The front trunk (frunk) is noted for its capacity, capable of easily fitting two carry-on luggage bags. This is a valuable feature for those looking to use the Revuelto for short trips or weekend getaways.
The 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto is a groundbreaking supercar that combines classic Lamborghini design with cutting-edge plug-in hybrid technology, boasting 1001 horsepower. While its electric range is limited, it prioritizes performance, delivering exhilarating acceleration and handling. The interior is futuristic, featuring digital interfaces and increased space. In essence, it’s a powerful and stylish fusion of the past and the future in the world of supercars.